- If your pet is over 5 years old, you should consider having pre-anesthetic blood work done at your full service hospital prior to the procedure. This blood work helps determine that your pet is healthy enough to undergo anesthesia services.
- TCAP does not provide pre-anesthetic blood work.
- TCAP recommends pre-surgical intraoral radiographs (dental x-rays) to check for pre-existing pathology. TCAP does not perform intraoral radiographs. Your pet will be referred to a veterinary dental specialist when appropriate. TCAP considers a dental specialist as an extension of the primary care veterinary team in providing oral health care. While TCAP does not extract teeth that are not loose and easily removed, if a jaw fracture occurs during extractions your pet will be referred to a Board Certified Veterinary Dentist.
- Pets that are 10 years or older are not eligible for TCAP's dental services.
- Due to special diagnostic and anesthetic needs, TCAP does not perform surgery or dental cleanings on English Bulldogs.
- Antibiotics are required for 5 days post-procedure.
- There is an additional $15.00 fee if the dog is more than 50 lbs. Dogs over 80 lbs. will not be serviced.
- Because dental cleanings involve anesthesia, pets with pre-existing conditions (seizures, heart murmurs, etc.) are not eligible for TCAP's dental services. Please discuss any concern about your pet prior to scheduling a dental procedure.
- Tooth extractions may be necessary and may be done at the time of the dental cleaning for an additional fee per tooth. TCAP does not provide oral x-ray services. Our veterinary team may refer clients to visit an oral surgeon for serious tooth extractions. There is a per charge tooth shown below, with a maximum of $60.00 for tooth extractions.
Note: a $20 deposit will be assessed per pet when scheduling an appointment. This deposit will be refunded on the day of your pet's scheduled dental cleaning appointment. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of an appointment cancellation or reschedule.
- Major Extractions: $20
- Minor Extractions: $10